Responsive Ad Slot

Slider

Life Throws Us All Kinds of Curves

The First of January was insane, we had a major change of plans. Sometimes, it's hard to go with the flow. First, you can get excited for an adventure, but then reality hits your plans. I’ve always enjoyed road trips, but they can be really hard on the budget, especially in the future, after you use your credit, and you end up overcharging a lot.

So, we had to go the doctor’s in Iowa City the first of the month. I was looking forward to that, until I realized I wasn’t going to have as much as the month before. Getting to the city wasn’t that bad, but the University parking was crazy as usual. All of that went pretty smoothly, and the hospital had Pepsi, and chips in the vending machine, so I was good. It’s what happened after, that through us for a loop.

We were supposed to keep lunch inexpensive, and we were trying to find a good place for waffle fries. But the place that I looked up on DoorDash was permanently closed, so that was disappointing. We ended up settling for Subway, which wasn’t terrible. After that, we were supposed to have only two stops. Chong’s, the Asian store, and Walmart, for my favorite brand, and blend of coffee.

The Asian store wasn’t that bad, I was able to find most everything we needed, including some good ramen for my sister, and some chopsticks. For me, I just needed a key ingredient for my miso soup, and Mom wanted some coconut water/juice. Next, we went to Walmart, but when I went in, they didn’t have what I was looking for, even though I checked the website. So, mom took me to three different places, until finally we found a Walmart close to Burlington that had it, in Mount Pleasant, Iowa.

Needless to say, we were pretty tired when we got home. I don’t usually regret what do, or get, but I have a habit of regretting the choices that put us in hot water. I really need to control my spending habits. There’s a phrase I’m looking for, but I can’t place it right now. Anyway, the start of February seems to be coming down, in a good way. I’ve been working on video projects, and my blogs, while doing house work. Imbolc passed by, and I made an interesting dinner, inspired by what I read. There’s been some warm days, so maybe the cold front will end soon, and next month will hopefully be better.

0

No comments

Post a Comment

blogger
© all rights reserved
made with by templateszoo