Responsive Ad Slot

Slider

Grocery Haul & Healthy Foods to Cook With

I don't usually talk about what I buy, but I wanted to share some of things I've found at the grocery, and the health food store near us here in Burlington, Iowa. My mom has a lot of allergies, so it's really important that I find, and work with ingredients that are ok with both of us, and I've been very lucky to find these ingredients, sauces and flavors, that don't have anything that can make us sick.

My mom loves her sauces, so I've been trying to come up with some of my own. One of my first, that she seemed to like a lot was coconut aminos, with sesame seed oil, especially on chicken. I also was able to find a health food store near us called Nature's Corner, and they have a vegan mayonaisse, made without eggs, or soybean oil, which is very important in our diets. They also have a ketchup made by the same brand, Primal Kitchen, as well, and later I was able to find it our local HyVee store, as well. 

Recently I also discovered another brand that is a little healthier for us, called Noble Brand (by the New Primal), and they have a good, and spice bbq sauce. Plus, at Nature's Corner, they have soup packets, that don't have anything bad, like soy, wheat, or any added perservatives.

I've always enjoyed cooking healthy, and even doing things from scratch. Sometimes, when I'm working on the basics, it's nice to have quality sauces, and it makes it easier on me. It can get pricey if your not careful, but I always say it's worth it.

0

No comments

Post a Comment

blogger
© all rights reserved
made with by templateszoo